Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My first Shoprite Coupon Trip

I made my first trip to Shoprite with my coupons last night.  I came out with a receipt that said I saved a total of $84.14  That amount includes the Shoprite sales and card savings.  The coupons that I went in with came to a total of $37.90.  I am amazed.  I think a few hours of clipping coupons and matching the sales online is well worth the time.  The way I look at it is, money saved is like money earned.  Thinking of it that way,  I earned $112.00 this weekend if I include the money I saved in Rite Aid.

I did quite a bit of work.  I matched the sales online with the help of blogs and a spreadsheet I created and went in with a list of what I wanted and the prices I was expecting them to be based on the flyer.  I didn't need to walk around with a big binder like some people like to do,  I may have missed out on a couple of sales, but I came out with what I wanted and most importantly, what I needed and I was well within my budget.

I didn't buy anything I won't use and I spent about half the money I usually do on a weekly shopping trip.  This is just the first week so who knows what will come when I become more experienced at this.

Here are a couple of the best deals I got

Huggies Diapers and Wipes
Huggies Pulls Ups Regular price $11.29
On sale for 9.99
Coupon for $2.00
Free Wipes coupon in Shoprite flyer worth $1.99
Bought another box at $1.99
Had 2 $0.50 coupons that doubled to $1.00 each
Final Price for Diapers and wipes $7.99
Savings $7.29

There were tons of great deals on Suave Product at Shoprite this week that matched the coupons in the papers.

Suave
Here is what I got
6 bottles of Body wash
2 Kids Shampoo
3 Body Lotions
Presale price $38.09
Final Cost $10.87
Savings $27.22


No comments:

Post a Comment