Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Being Healthy with Coupons

The fact that it seems that a lot of the coupons are for unhealthy food seems to be the myth that makes a lot of people reluctant to use coupons.

I used to think that way and have to admit that after watching some of the people on Extreme Couponing it does make it look like that is the case.  I haven't watched a whole episode of Extreme Couponing on TLC.  I caught the couponing bug by doing some blog hops to promote my other blog. 

Yesterday I sat down and watched the clips on the TLC website.  I was shocked and a little disgusted by some of the things I saw.  I just doesn't seem right to walk into a store and buy over 60 boxes of pasta or 160 bars of candy just because it's free.   7 shopping carts full of junk is just crazy.  I don't see myself dumpster diving anytime soon either.

I am going to be spending some time looking at what I can get and finding ways to still be healthy,  my aim is to put together a menu plan and a coupon list that doesn't involve too many processed foods.  I have no intention of buying Hamburger Helper because it's free, it's just not for me and how I want my family to eat.

It's just a thought for now but I might start publishing an online menu and shopping list with the coupon match ups for it.  It's a work in progress but I will share if it all works out.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I’m following your blog. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

    April
    A Mommy’s Blog Design Studio
    Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!
    Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
    If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thank your for stopping by my blog. I'm here to follow you back. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I came across your blog and LOVED it! I’m officially your newest follower. I would love you to check out my blog at http://thenummylittleblog.blogspot.com/ and follow me!
    Thanks! -Jilly-

    ReplyDelete